Thursday, September 09, 2010

Catholic Church in England: Mark Dowd on Radio 4

I caught bits and pieces of Mark Dowd`s Radio 4 programme this morning on the state of the Catholic Church in England today. I thought it was very good in that it gave a voice to all the shades of Catholic opinion and let the listener decide what to think. I couldn`t hear it all but it is repeated tonight at 9.30 and I`m sure will be on the iplayer after that. I did manage to hear most of the stuff about Blackfen and to hear Fr Finigan interviewed and I thought he put his points across very well. The young Catholic who said the great thing about being a Catholic is that you can pick and choose what you want to believe made my heart sink the most.
There is a thoughtful review on The Sensible Bond.

1 comment:

Mulier Fortis said...

Not quite the hatchet-piece I'd originally feared. It could have been a lot worse. I'm just sorry they didn't use quotes from the teenagers whom they interviewed at Blackfen...

At least they kept my "Truth is not subject to a majority vote" quote!